Art is Basic has moved!

Art is Basic has moved!
Visit my new blog location by clicking on the Art is Basic logo.

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Knitted Balls

I really like to knit, but I'm not that skilled at it.  I would say I'm probably an intermediate level knitter.  I'm not good at precise things, and many times I'll be knitting something and end up with extra stitches or something will look wonky.  So, when I found these knitted balls, I got really excited.  So many possibilities!  Christmas ornaments?  Dog toys?  Toys for my toddler?  A bowl of balls for a decoration?  I really want to make 1000 knitted balls for an art exhibit.  Balls of all sizes, colors and textures.  I really like these because they are very forgiving, very quick and they are fairly easy to make.

Ball 1 of 1000.. I promise if I knit 1000 balls, I will take pictures of them in groups.

3 comments:

Phyl said...

I'm not much of a knitter, but the music teacher next door who retired last June just opened a little knitting store. I'm going to have to share your post with her - she'll LOVE it.

Sophie Truong said...

great project! Can't wait to see what they look like all together! what do you fill them up with?
sophie @ stitchandtickle.blogspot.com

Marcia Beckett said...

I filled this one with just regular fluffy stuffing. I was thinking also maybe plastic bags to make them crinkly.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails